Write Out Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

writers communicating with writers without censorship or BS

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facebook Tells Me I'm Not as Close to a Friend as I Thought

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lady Vi

Lady Vi

So, there's this (ahem!) friend of mine. We've been friends for years, roomed together at conferences, met all the time for coffee, I've been a guest in her house, she's been to mine, our kids have hung out together. Twice a week for six months when she didn't have a car, I used to pick her up at work and drive her home. We're critique partners, co-founders of our local RWA chapter, and have a dozen other links to each other. I mean, we were tight--I advanced her the money for her flight and hotel for last year's National Conference, no strings attached (for the record, she paid me back this past March.)

Since she's a writer too, she has two FB pages: one for her personal life, one for her professional life. About a week and a half ago, she posted that she'd be moving people who weren't personal friends (those she didn't really know well) to her professional page only. No biggie. Right?

Wrong. I was moved to her professional page. No explanation, no nothing. So...okay. I can deal. But then I start stewing, which makes me start investigating. The rest of our critique group is still her friend on both of her pages. Chapter mates she's known LESS THAN A YEAR are on both her pages.

Okay. So, hey. Thanks for the memories. Now fuck off, bitch. Evil or Very Mad

RiverGirl

RiverGirl

I got the boot too. I think she found out you've been cheating on her with me. But hey, I don't care! We have each other, and that's all we need! This remote, and this paddleball game, and each other!!

But if you felt like being spiteful, I'd help. Just sayin'.

Lady Vi

Lady Vi

"I'm picking out a Thermos for yoooooo!"

Actually, I'm thinking about sending her personal FB page a friend request with the message, "Somehow I got dropped from your friend's list. Must be something stupid on my end."
Twisted Evil

RiverGirl

RiverGirl

OMG. My hand to GOD, this was JUST on my news feed on FB. I haven't even read it yet, but I had to show you!!

Cracked - Why I recently defriended you on Facebook

Lady Vi

Lady Vi

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

RiverGirl

RiverGirl

Hahahaha - I just noticed your avatar!! Nice. I approve.

Lady Vi

Lady Vi

RiverGirl wrote:Hahahaha - I just noticed your avatar!! Nice. I approve.

When a lie won't do, go with the truth.

RiverGirl

RiverGirl

Tell me! Where do you think mine comes from??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum